From the organisers of Australian Energy Week, the fourth annual NEM Future Forum, being held from 30 October – 1 November at the Grace Hotel in Sydney, will dive deep into this issue and examine how the NEM will evolve.
The NEM Future Forum will address the key challenges being faced by all stakeholders in the NEM:
- Analyse how ongoing policy uncertainty is harming the industry and determine the steps needed to create a more functional market and better climate for future investment
- Gain insights into the potential impact of distributed generation on traditional utilities
- Explore the latest developments in battery storage technologies and the opportunities and threats this could create for current market participants
- Understand how new technologies and smart meters will change retail and consumer relationships
- Discover how to encourage cost reflective consumer behaviour through better regulation and economic incentives to benefit all market participants
Over 3 days, the Forum will bring together industry experts to examine the key trends and technologies driving change and the interplay between them.
The NEM Future Forum 2017 is an unparalleled opportunity to hear first hand from utilities at the forefront of technological advancement and the policy makers shaping the regulatory landscape.